Sunday, March 31, 2019

Tuff Mutt Hands-Free Leash

Tuff Mutt Leash


The good: It's $23 on Amazon, so pretty cheap. I do love the slider attachment ring on the waist belt. The slider allows the dog to move from one side of you to the other instead of being stuck to a single fixed point on the belt. On other waist leashes with a fixed ring, the dog turns the belt -- not a big deal to some -- but this one gives more freedom of movement without the belt tugging. 

The sturdiness is very good to excellent. I can't complain! The bungee section is very strong. Maybe my dog is just a good loose-leash walker, but it takes a lot of pulling to stretch this bungee. I tried it myself just using my arms. 

I would need to test the bungee action on a large dog with serious high prey drive lunging after squirrels to see if the leash can even be pulled out to max length. (My guy is too old and hasn't cared about squirrels for years. I need to find a coyote instead.)

Two traffic handles are great.

The nitpick bad: Length. I know why a six-foot version of this leash doesn't exist -- momentum. I never use four-foot leashes, so adjusting to this shorter distance is on me. I would like the same features in a longer leash.  Pretty sure I can buy an extender, but my beach setup is going to be the Ruffwear Front Range harness back attachment and this leash. That gives me more stride room.